Fundamental of Web Design Using HTML5 and CSS3 (Online)Marketing - Online
|Course Dates||13 Jul 2020 9:00am - 16 Jul 2020 12:30pm|
05 Oct 2020 9:00am - 08 Oct 2020 12:30pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
This is 4 half-day course.
Every journey needs a starting point and the first step into the exciting world of web technology starts with learning how to use and understand the internet language known as HTML.
This workshop serves as an introduction to vanilla HTML5 and CSS3, which are core skills essential to any aspiring frontend web developer or designer.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Explain and apply the various HTML and CSS techniques in building a web page
- Design and build a responsive website using the Bootstrap Framework
- Make use of a Web Host to publish the website on the Internet
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for learners who have a keen interest in picking up Web Design and serves as an entry point into the Web Applications and Stack Development training paths.
Module 1: What is HTML?
- What is the Hypertext Markup Language?
- The basic HTML document type, structure and syntax
- Creating a local web project folder
- Installing and setting up a simple Text Editor
Module 2: Text and Formatting
- Paragraphs and Headlines
- Text Emphasis (bold, underline and italics)
- Page (internal) and Site (external) Linking
- Anchors and same page linking
Module 3: Tables
- Basic HTML Table structure
- Header, Body, and Footer
- Rows, Columns, and Cells
- Row and Column span
Module 4: Objects
- Differentiate between the various image file types
- Apply full and relative paths to image source tags
- Embed Videos and external Objects (e.g. Google Maps)
Module 5: Introducing Styles and the Cascading Stylesheet
- CSS structure and syntax
- The CSS “cascade” behavior
- Inline and internal styles
- Basic web color principles: RGB, RGBA, and hexadecimal
- Values and units used in CSS
- Change the styling of elements on a web page
- Create and call a CSS file
- Style classes and elements
Module 6: An Introduction to HTML5
- HTML5 Page Structure
- The header, nav and footer sections
- The section and aside components
- The CSS Box Model
- Positioning content using div
- Block and inline div structures
Module 7: Responsive Web Design
- Responsive design patterns
- CSS media queries
- Breakpoints using
Module 8: The Bootstrap Framework
- Introducing Bootstrap 4
- How the Bootstrap Grid System works
- Building a Navbar
- Building a simple Carousel
- Displaying Content with Cards
- Displaying a Modal Window
Module 9: Publishing the Website
- Purchasing a domain name
- Getting a web host
- Managing Nameservers and DNS Records
- Using the File Transfer Protocol
- Publishing the Website
Learners should have little or no knowledge of HTML programming, be able to communicate and write in English and have a high motivation to learn. This course is not intended for learners who are already familiar with HTML and CSS or have more than 3 months of HTML coding experience. A combination of lectures, practical demonstrations, lab work and peer teaching is applied for this workshop.
Leslie Goh has over 17 years of experience as a web application architect. He specializes in designing and building custom web solutions for small and medium enterprises and helps companies automate and digitize their business processes. He started his own software company in 2002 and has worked with clients across multiple industries.
Leslie is also a coding trainer and mentor and has conducted training sessions and workshops on internet technologies such as web design and development, SQL database and application design; as well as non-technical courses such as entrepreneurship. He was worked with institutes such as the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) and Lithan Academy. Other than graduating with a degree in Engineering (B.Eng) from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Leslie is also a certified trainer and assessor and holds the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) from the Singapore Institute for Adult Learning (IAL).
Quick InformationThis workshop serves as an introduction to vanilla HTML5 and CSS3, which are core skills essential to any aspiring frontend web developer or designer.
+65 6842 6666