|Course Dates||15 Nov 2021 9:00am - 16 Nov 2021 5:00pm|
16 Mar 2022 9:00am - 16 Mar 2022 5:00pm
08 Jun 2022 9:00am - 08 Jun 2022 5:00pm
19 Sep 2022 9:00am - 19 Sep 2022 5:00pm
14 Dec 2022 9:00am - 14 Dec 2022 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (5 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
This course is in partnership with
As the world moves forward into digitalisation, it is becoming increasingly important to have a digital presence beyond just social media. Having your very own website is the first step to creating a digital footprint that ties and connects all your interactions on the Internet.
This course will introduce the core concepts of web design and programming and give learners some essential knowledge and tools to create their own portfolio websites.
Furthermore, you will receive a free web domain/hosting account and a hands-on experience when you sign up for this course.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to
- understand basic HTML and CSS structure and syntax
- create a simple, mobile-friendly website with text and images
- publish a website with a proper domain name to the web
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for learners who
- have a keen interest in picking up Web Design
- want to create their very own portfolio website
- like to understand more about websites and programming
Module 1: What is HTML?
- What is the Hypertext Markup Language?
- The basic HTML document type, structure and syntax
- Creating a local web project folder
- Installing and setting up a simple Text Editor
Module 2: Text and Formatting
- Paragraphs and Headlines
- Text Emphasis (bold, underline and italics)
- Page (internal) and Site (external) Linking
- Anchors and same page linking
Module 3: Tables
- Basic HTML Table structure
- Header, Body, and Footer
- Rows, Columns, and Cells
- Row and Column span
Module 4: Objects
- Differentiate between the various image file types
- Apply full and relative paths to image source tags
- Embed Videos and external Objects (e.g. Google Maps)
Module 5: Introducing Styles and the Cascading Stylesheet
- CSS structure and syntax
- The CSS “cascade” behaviour
- Inline and internal styles
- Basic web colour principles: RGB, RGBA, and hexadecimal
- Values and units used in CSS
- Change the styling of elements on a web page
- Create and call a CSS file
- Style classes and elements
Module 6: An Introduction to HTML5
- HTML5 Page Structure
- The header, nav and footer sections
- The CSS Box Model
- Positioning content using div
- Block and inline (div) structures
Module 7: Responsive Web Design
- Responsive design patterns
- CSS media queries
- Breakpoints using (div) containers
Module 8: The Bootstrap Framework
- Introducing Bootstrap 4
- How the Bootstrap Grid System works
- Building a Navbar
- Building a simple Carousel
- Displaying Content with Cards
- Displaying a Modal Window
Module 9: Publishing the Website
- Purchasing a domain name
- Getting a web host
- Managing Nameservers and DNS Records
- Using the File Transfer Protocol
- Publishing the Website
Learners should have little or no knowledge of HTML programming, communicate and write in English and have a high motivation to learn.
This course is not intended for learners already familiar with HTML and CSS or have more than 3 months of HTML coding experience. A combination of lectures, practical demonstrations, lab work and peer teaching is applied for this workshop.
Leslie Goh has over 20 years of experience as a web application architect. He specializes in designing and building enterprise solutions for different industries and helps companies automate and digitize their business processes.
Leslie is also a coding trainer and mentor and has conducted training sessions and workshops on internet technologies such as web design, stack development, databases and application design. He is a certified trainer and assessor and holds the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) from the Singapore Institute for Adult Learning (IAL).
Quick InformationThis course conceptualised the core concepts of web design and programming to provide learners with the essential knowledge and tools to begin creating their very own portfolio websites.
+65 6842 6666