Out-of-the-Box Thinking and Problem Solving with PRISM ©Creativity and Innovation
|Course Dates||26 Mar 2020 9:00am - 27 Mar 2020 5:00pm|
11 Jun 2020 9:00am - 12 Jun 2020 5:00pm
07 Sep 2020 9:00am - 08 Sep 2020 5:00pm
30 Nov 2020 9:00am - 01 Dec 2019 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
- COMPANY SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0026932
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Solving problems creatively can be the key to a more productive and satisfying life for executives and managers in organisations. While problem-solving is not easy for most people, it does not need to be a journey into the unknown.
Creative problem solving is an art form as it is a scientific process. It requires creativity, intuition, imagination and evolves around thinking beyond the scope of the norms or ‘Out-of-the-box’. It also requires careful analysis, diagnosis, and step-by-step planning.
This program is designed to enable participants to learn and apply concepts and techniques related to an integrated approach to creative thinking and problem-solving.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Develop “Out-of-the-box” thinking
- Identify the problems they face and understand them in different ways
- Learn to create a target for problem-solving efforts
- Learn highly effective skills that can be used to create novel solutions and solve problems quickly and easily both at individual and at group levels
- Develop an effective strategy and action plan for implementing creative solutions
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is currently facing a business problem and/or who wants to know how to solve problems in a creative and yet structured and well-thought-through way to achieve excellent results.
Module 1: Unleash the Innovation Champion in You
Module 2: Creativity and “The Box”
- Introduction to Creativity
- Role of Creativity in Our Life
- Creativity – Nature or Nurture?
- The-Mind-In-The Box or The-Box-In-The-Mind?
- Unleash the Power of Creative Thinking
Module 3: The Creativity Mindset
- Challenge Assumptions
- Focus on Customers
- Activate Opportunity Thinking
Module 4: Creative Problem Solving using P.R.I.S.M. ©
Problem Illumination and Opportunity Identification
- How to Identify Problems or Spot Opportunity
- Five Whys
- Cause-and-Effect Diagram
- Scenario Development
- Guided Visioning
- Innovative Connections
- Three Bs
Selecting And Implementing Solutions
- Affinity Diagramming
- NUF Technique
- Reverse Brainstorming
- Dot-Voting with a Difference
- Implementation Checklist
Monitoring Performance and Optimisation
- Prototyping and Pilot Testing
- Getting Buy-In
Presentation, interactive discussion, individual exercises, video, case studies and group activities.
Ted Chan is one of Asia Pacific’s most in-demand speakers and seminar leaders on innovation, change management and organisational creativity. He has spoken to and conducted workshops for several dozens of organizations and empowered several hundreds of business leaders on Leading Change, Innovation and Organisational Creativity.
He earned a Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA) degree with Merit from the National University of Singapore and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the Imperial College London in the UK.
- Workforce Development Agency (WDA) Certified Trainer
- Master Trainer’s Institute of New York
- Certified Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Business Continuity Certified Specialist
Quick InformationSolving problems in a creative manner can be the key to a more productive and satisfying life for executives and managers in organisations. While problem-solving is not easy for most people, it does not need to be a journey into the unknown.
+65 6842 6666