The Essentials of Email Writing and EtiquetteCommunication - Written
|Course Dates||01 Dec 2021 9:00am - 01 Dec 2021 5:00pm|
13 Apr 2022 9:00am - 13 Apr 2022 5:00pm
06 Jul 2022 9:00am - 06 Jul 2022 5:00pm
17 Oct 2022 9:00am - 17 Oct 2022 5:00pm
05 Dec 2022 9:00am - 05 Dec 2022 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 7% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$14.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020500062
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Good business writing is essential in today’s dynamic business environment. However, many corporate professionals are not aware that business writing style has evolved over time and still adopting the older form of business writing. This will not only affect the individual’s professional image but the corporation which they are representing as well.
In this workshop, you will learn the techniques, format and delivery in writing better emails and letters. You will also learn to balance your own and your reader’s needs, organise your thoughts clearly and express yourself in a modern business style.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Organise their thoughts and tailor their writing style to fit their readers' needs
- Learn the technicalities of email and letter writing
- Understand the proper etiquette and format in emails and letters
- Improve the readability of their email messages and letters
- Express themselves effectively and concisely
Who Should Attend
All levels of staff, Managers, Executives and non-executives.
Module 1: Writing Tips and Techniques
- Understanding the fundamentals of good business writing (Modern day business writing vs. older form of business writing)
- The distinction between concise and summary writing
Module 2: Effective Organisation and Planning
- The five W’s of planning
- Approaches to writing
- Using tone effectively in writing
- The four steps structure to drafting business letters
- Handling the email complaint
- Useful phrases and terms
Module 3: Replying to Customer Types
- Customising your content to different reader types
Module 4: Essentials of Emails
- Characteristics of emails
- Observing proper email etiquette
- Group Discussion/Brainstorming
- Case Studies
- Self-Analysis/Critique Session
- Learning from a Partner
- Interactive Exercises
Caroline Josephine Dawson holds a Master of Arts degree in Mass Communications from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. She has more than 8 years of invaluable experience in teaching business, environmental and technical communication and 10 years in the field of journalism and publishing. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
As an Editor of 4 publications, i.e. Executive Inc, The Hemispheres, The Hemispheres Kid and Koolkidz Magazine, Caroline is presented with opportunities to conduct all facets of written communication to not only the corporate sector but students and aspiring writers as well. Caroline has also written several articles which have all been published in established local magazines. Her dissertation “Effective Ways of Promoting Environmental Consciousness among School Children in Singapore” is kept in Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and various nature organisations in Singapore as resource and reference material on environmental and persuasive communication.
In addition, her professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication skills in the workforce. She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry-approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency-based assessments for workshops.
Quick InformationGood business writing is essential in today's dynamic business environment. However, many corporate professionals are not aware that business writing style has evolved over time and still adopting the older form of business writing.
+65 6842 6666